Answers coming next week!!
Hope you all enjoy!!
How well do you know Anne of Green Gables??
1. If Mrs Lynde is surprised in chapter 1 and Matthew Cuthbert is surprised in chapter 2, who is surprised in chapter 3?
A: Marilla Cuthbert
B: Mrs Spencer
2. What name would Anne rather be called by?
3. What does Anne call the pond near the Barry’s house?
A: The Lake of Shining Waters
B: The Lake of Beautiful Waters
4. What one part of her personal appearance is Anne unable to imagine away?
A: Her freckles
B: Her red hair
5. What does Gilbert call her on their first meeting?
6. What does Anne call her ‘lot in life’ from her previous unhappy homes?
A: Called carrots
B: Twin children
7. How does Anne describe Mrs Blewett after Marilla decides not to hand her over to her?
A: A harpy
B: A gimlet
8. When Marilla tells the reluctant Anne to say her prayers, how does Anne end her prayer?
A: Much love, Anne Shirley
B: Yours respectfully, Anne Shirley
10. Why doesn’t Anne like sewing or cooking?
A: Too many rules to obey
B: No scope for the imagination
11. What piece of jewellery does Marilla accuse Anne of losing?
A: Her pearl brooch
B: Her amethyst brooch
12. Anne saves little Minnie May’s life, what illness does she have?
A: Whooping Cough
13. What happens when Anne and Diana race to the spare bed and jump on it?
A: They break the bed in two
B: They land on aunt Josephine
14. Matthew loses his nerve when buying Anne a dress, what does he buy instead?
A: A bag of hayseed and a wheelbarrow
B: A garden rake and 20lbs of brown sugar
15. Whose poem are the girls re-enacting when Anne’s boat sinks and she is rescued by Gilbert?
16. What was Anne's least favourite subject?
17. When tragedy strikes Green Gables what flowers is Anne holding that she can never bear the sight or smell of again?
A: Apple blossom
B: White narcissus
18. What does Anne sacrifice for Marilla and Green Gables?
A: Her scholarship
B: Her teaching job
19. As Anne’s horizons close what does she look forward to when she imagines her future?
A: Calm, steady days
B: The bend of the road