Sunday, December 30, 2018

Review Days 2: How to Train Your Dragon

I'm back again!

Today I'm gonna do a review about the 2 films of How to Train Your Dragon.
It's been a while since....wait...I watch How to Train Your Dragon 2 just one day ago.

I could do to apart reviews of both films, but decided to do them together, that would be more funner. And easier. So, let me continue.
 It's easier to start with the first film. It has been a while since I first watched that one.
My family and I started watching it after my best friend said it was fantastic. We had seen a lot of disney movies and we though, why not this one. :) But we didn't watch the entire film. We didn't like it so much at that time and sadly we closed it. :( So, I went watching it on my own because I really wanted to know how it went.

IT WAS SUPERB!

I'm not a girl who loves Vikings and dragons so much, but this film (using this word instead of movie, cause it sounds better) was SO GOOD!! I enjoyed it and thought at myself: We have to watch this together. And we did, a few months later after I watched it. My brothers, sisters and I watched it in my sisters room. WE ALL LOVED IT!!
 DRAGONS ARE COOL......

If you don't know what's the film or never heard of it, here's the main story so you have a clue.

A young Viking (named Hiccup) who asprises to hunt dragons becomes the unlikely friend of a young dragon himself, and learns there may be more to the creatures then he assumed.

There, now you know. It's a mouth full. :)
The main character himself, Hiccup. I think he's really cute and he has a lovely voice.
The way he acts around dragons is really amazing. And the fact that he couldn't kill a dragon and made a difference of the other Vikings is really special. How he contects with dragons.
In film 2 he growned up to a young man and everyone in his village is friends with dragons. He still has his own dragon who he saved in the first film, named Toothless.


Of course there is a girl involved.🙊 There mostly is. Astrid is her name. We see in film 1 Hiccup has a crush on her almost his whole life and he first tries to get her attention, but nothing works, cause she's not interested in him. She focusing to become a dragon warrior.
They do get together at the end. I must say it isn't so romantic, like swooming or whatsoever. That's cool you know, I love their relationship and how they act together. Although you don't see them together all the time in film 2, they do spend time together.
there cute, aren't they? (How to Train Your Dragon 2)

There are other characters but I'm not going to write about them, others this review will be too long and that's quite boring.

The person I will be mentioning is Hiccup's dad, cause he's an important character in the films.
Stoick (that's his name) isn't glad with his son and does everything to change Hiccup, but he won't listen and makes mostly of the time a mess with everything. Stoick lost his leg during a fight with dragons and since that, dragons are his enemy and that's how it all started. Dragons became enemies instead of friends. But eventually Stoick sees that dragons are actually kind creatures and they mean no harm, they just want to protect themselves.

But in film 2 things get wrong. This is as spoiler if you haven't seen 2 yet. Stoick dies while rescuing his only son. I really was suprised when he died. I was like......waaiitt what?😯 I didn't expected that. IT WAS SO SAD! I almost cried, but I didn't.

I think why this films are so fun is that the ends don't always have an happy ending. They do, but during the film things happen which keep suprising me.

WE SEE HICCUP'S MOM!!! in film 2!
She's so sweet and I loved that they put her in the film, that she was actually alive after all these years Hiccup thought she was dead, taken by dragons. She was taken by dragons, but she stayed away to save Hiccup and his dad. Through those years, she took care of the other dragons.
Well, nothing to say anymore. 

Aren't dragons the cutest?!

I really love the fact that in these films the dragons aren't mean, but sweet and innocent. My favourite dragon is Toothless, but that's obviously, cause you see him a lot. He and Hiccup are the best and they have such a connections that's really special.

I hated the fact that in film 2 there was a mean man who controlled a big black dragon who looked like a gigantic spider + elephant. That man tried to steal all the dragons from the good dragon (who looks the same like the other dragon but only white) and then control the land or something. Everyone called both an alfa of the dragons.
So then the big bad alfa defeated the big good alfa and has the power over all the dragons.
And then Hiccup's dad dies, but they won't give up yet. Finally at the end everything is well.
Toothless is the alfa of the dragons and Hiccup is the new chief.
I love how good they animated everything!The scenery and houses are simply beautiful. The dragons are wow and the people are pretty, even the ugly onces.
*sorry, I shouldn't have said that, everyone is beautiful in there own ways*
It must have been a LOT of work creating a simple film. Good job directors!
I guess again we have comed to an end. It was quite hard reviewing two films, so the next time I will just be reviewing one and then the other one if there are two parts of the film.

AND, before we close up todays review, there is coming a How to Train Your Dragon 3 in 2019!!


Do you like How to Train Your Dragon? Who's your favourite character?









4 comments:

  1. The first time I watched number 1, I did not like it at all. I don't even know why. But this year my older sister started watching it a lot, and now she and I love it!! One of my favorite parts is the music, and the quotes! I've only seen number 2 once, and cried a lot, but I do want to see it again and I cannot wait for number 3!!!! It is a lot of work to do two reviews, but you did a great job, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have that too! I just start watching something and I don't like it at all. But then I watched it again and I love it! :D
      I can't wait either to watch number 3!! SO EXCITED!

      Thank you for your lovey comment MovieCritic!! <3

      Delete
  2. Oh, the part where Toothless is trapped under water is so sad!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I thought he died! :(

      Thank you for your lovely comment Katherine! <3

      Delete