Thursday, February 25, 2021

We Love Pirate's Week | Elizabeth Swann

 

 ''I have had more than enough experience dealing with pirates!"


Avast ye ! I am back again with another post of the We ❤ Love Pirate's Week. 

Today that I will be writing about Elizabeth Swann from the POTC franchise :)

Main ramblings and sorts..... 

I remember the day I first watched POTC. It was with my family and we watched At World's End (I have no idea why we saw that one first) and we where around 20 minutes in and my mom said we ain't watching this. This was mainly because Davy Jones with his tentacles was kinda weird and creepy for my younger brothers and sister. So we turned it off. 

But I was curious and I needed to watch the POTC films for myself. And I did. I loved it. I also started first with Curse of the Black Pearl. 

Fun fact is that my best friend recommended the POTC films and I am so glad she did!

Can you believe she was 17 here ? (I cannot)

 Elizabeth led a fairly sheltered life of privilege throughout her childhood. She is raised by her father Governor Swann. 

She was always fascinated by pirates since she was a little girl. I really believe everyone is fascinated by pirates when they lived in that era. I would! 

Elizabeth was kinda a damsel-in-distress in the first movie. I don't wanna judge her and I still do love her. She needed to be rescued but we can blame the corset for that. And I mean who doesn't want to be saved by Jack Sparrow. 

I really believe she changed throughout the films. She became a queen!

I think Elizabeth is really cool. She turned from damsel-in-distress to pirate queen. Who would have thought?!

Keira Knightley has been my heroine and someone I look up to for a very long time now. I still look up to her and she portrayed Elizabeth Swann so wonderful.

The OH THE HEAT SCENE is the best scene. I loved how Elizabeth tried to get the men's attention but that I didn't work. They just kept fighting. I really laughed! In a good way. 



I really didn't like it that she wasn't in the 5th film, Dead Men Tale no Tales, but I loved that we saw her in the ending scene. I would have loved to see how the plot was with Elizabeth in it. Oh I do wonder!

I think what is interesting to is that Elizabeth find herself drawn to Jack because of her obsession with pirates when she was a little girl. We all known where her heart truly lies but anyways. I kinda was really fun. The flirtations between them :). 

What is there more to say about Elizabeth. I really wonder, it is difficult I might say. 

A thing that I also love about Elizabeth that she can make tough decisions. She can be fierce. That is I think also the reason why Jack chose her to become the pirate king, cause she can make decisions and doesn't have any second thoughts. 


 She can wield a sword, which is awesome. 

Her costumes are amazing ! 

She defends herself. And not only with swords.

I love how her relationship with Will makes them explore the beginning of a love story. 

Elizabeth doesn't try to be masculine (she finds strength in her femininity).

Over all she is a heroine and she has become one of my most beloved characters in the fictional world. 


And with this said I will close up this post :)


 Apologies that this isn't a really long post

~ Rachel


 

7 comments:

  1. After your comment, I realized I hadn't seen your blog either! So here I am! :) Lovely place to be. :D

    This was super fun to read and now I want to watch these again, haha. AND WHAT I DID NOT KNOW KEIRA WAS 17 IN THE FIRST MOVIE!! THAT'S INSANE. :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you! Thank you :)

      Same, has been a while since I watched POTC. :D

      Delete
  2. I also love how fierce Elizabeth Swann can be. The first POTC movie made me a firm Keira Knightley fan. Have you seen her made-for-TV Disney movie "Princess of Thieves" where she plays Robin Hood's daughter? It's quite fun.

    Thanks for contributing this to the party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, the first movie made me love Keira even more than I already did :)

      Oh yes, I have seen that movie and it is so much fun!

      I loved being part of the party! Thank you for hosting :)

      Delete
  3. "Fierce" is the perfect word for Elizabeth Swan! Good post, Rachel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last gif is so cute! This franchise made Kiera Knightley's career and she couldn't have started off with a better independent thinking women as Elizabeth Swann. Great post!

    ReplyDelete