|My face when I find something new about DA|
I love finding new things about the LOVELY show I never new.
1. DID YOU KNOW that Laura Carmichael (Edith) and Michael Fox (Andrew) starting dating each other?
2. DID YOU KNOW that Michelle Dockery (Lady Mary) is also a jazz singer?
3. DID YOU KNOW that Violet's wardrobe is modelled on the clothes of Queen Alexandra, King George's V's mom?
4. DID YOU KNOW that Elizabeth McGovern (Lady Cora) is in the band Sadie & The Hotheads?
5. DID YOU KNOW that Downton Abbey is set at Highclere Castle in Hampshire and the servant quaters and upstairs bedrooms were costructed and filmed at Ealing Studios in London?
6. DID YOU KNOW that the majority of food used in the Downton Abbey kitchens is REAL? Which means that things like lobster get very smelly at the end of a long day of filming.
7. DID YOU KNOW that Highclere Castle (Downton Abbey) was a home for evacuated children during World War II?
8. DID YOU KNOW that the movies King Ralph, Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves and Eyes Wide Shut are also filmed at Highclere Castle?
9. DID YOU KNOW that it's so cold in Downton Abbey (Highclere Castle), that in between takes, the cast are often seen carrying hot water bottles and wearing puffa jackets?
10. DID YOU KNOW that Dan Stevens (Matthew Crawley) is a judge on the Man Booker prize panel? He read a whopping 145 books while on the set of DA.
11. DID YOU KNOW that Jim Carter (Mr. Carson) rides his bike all over the world to raise money for charity?
12. DID YOU KNOW that Dan Stevens (Matthew Crawley) is married to Susie Harriet, a singing teacher? They have two children.
|Sorry, the picture isn't so clear, but I couldn't find a other one.|
14. DID YOU KNOW that you can actually marry or visit DA (Highclere Castle)?
15. DID YOU KNOW that because there are so many people on set, the crew put coloured masking tape on the floor to show the actors where to stand in each scene?
16. DID YOU KNOW that fashion designer of DA Tom Ford is a huge DA fan?
17. DID YOU KNOW that has won 18 awards?
18. DID YOU KNOW that Lady Cora could have been played by actress Gillian Anderson?
I have no idea who the actress is, but I'm glad Elizabeth McGovern is Cora.
19. DID YOU KNOW that DA is in the Guiness Book of World Records?
20. DID YOU KNOW that Jessica Brown Findlay (Lady Sybil) decide to try acting after an ankle injury caused her to give up professional ballet dancing?
21. DID YOU KNOW that Jim Carter (Mr. Carson) preforms magic tricks between takes to keep the cast entertained?
22. DID YOU KNOW that Jim Carter (Mr. Carson) is married to Imelda Staunton?
23. DID YOU KNOW that George, Sybbie and Marigold where played by twins?